I am glad your run went well Jess, mine went great at Hawk Island on Saturday as well.
Interesting, I was talking to Dan the Man and asked what I would expect to run the
5K in after the swim and bike. He said my running pace is my running pace and I should
be close to my usual 5K race speed. I found this to be interesting.
I have the perfect spot to teach you how to ride a bike Jess. I have pads, I have a
smaller bike for you to learn on, we can even have Tim come out and you can call
him Dad if it will help. I have experience, I taught my kids how and I can teach
you also. Up to you if you want to bring your usual bike out so after you get rolling
on the smaller bike you may want to try it on your bigger bike, again, up to you.
My son has taken it upon himself to get me biking. This is nice because he is 19 and it is
time together for us, it has been nice.
A gal from my tri-class would like to bike and run the Hawk Island course, maybe at the end of the month or May we can do that.
FYI, the ice has melted from Lake Geneva!!
Kathy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jess,
Craig, as you know, will also be your "Dad" - kind of cool lots of pseudo Dads!
As we talked, I am not so sure the bike is too big for you, as we had talked that I am shorter than you. Further, the tires make it pretty stable and substantial underneath you. Audrey also has a bike, you could easily use hers, and we have a bike carrier, so no transport issues. But...the concept of a smaller bike to get started on - might feel like a more friendly and mentally secure idea. However, if your knees are too bent - that creates an immediate balance challenge.
We could have a weekend party - this weekend - weather permitting - we are pretty available!
I will also check with my bike geek posse' at Central Park Cycle, and see what their methodology for adults new to cycling might be. They are all so great there!
You can do it....you are a "rockstar"! I know you'll even be good at it, once you have your initial successes!
Linda
Post a Comment