Monday, April 21, 2008

priorities

Hi Guys,

Here is my update....I know you both are aware of my Mom's truly heartbreaking illness. Of course, tri-training has take a back seat, at this time. I have been spending a lot of travel time and time just being there with her, and my sisters. Also, my Dad is having some serious health issues as well in Florida - that require attention.

I am eating pretty well, and am always looking for opportunities to squeeze in a workout. I did get a few cycling classes last week (6am, just so you know). Challenges have been lack time and lack of sleep in general. The emotional toll of grief, all the details involved and physical toll of driving, not working out as much as my body has gotten used to over the last 9 monthes, create overwhelming challenges. I am confident our sprint tri-athlon will be much easier. It is also tough to focus these days, but I am improving in the focus aspect.

Today, I got in a 35 minute run and a cardio kickboxing class. I am having obvious struggles with "squeezing in" swimming. I know I'll swim okay, it might not be as pretty as I had planned in Januarly, but I'll get through the swimming, I know it, with my own unique combintation of strokes, I suspect.

I had to cancel my orthopedic massage tomorrow (Patrick always puts my body back together), so I could free travel time for visiting Mom.

I am loving both of your posts! Thanks - it helps keep me going!

Train On -
Linda

1 comment:

Jess said...

Linda, I thought about you a lot this week--I'm glad you're doing okay (all things considered).

Pretty swimming is way overrated. I didn't see anything in the rules about style points. ;)

Take care of yourself--you know where to find me if you need anything.