All right -
In an article forwarded to me about swimmig "DO NOT GET IN YOUR OWN WAY" - Ruth Kazez. This was inreference to body movement, but I can tell you it means the mind as well.
I was "whining" about the 5K today - good job ladies! "Too cold", "Never ran in the winter", "Haven't run outside since Sept. 07", "Am I dressed right, because I don't have any cold weather experiece", "I'm not going to turn in a great time", "didn't run really for the last two weeks", "I'm tired", blah, blah....
It's all mental - hello!
"Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it". Unknown
For me, lesson learned (early in the tri-training j0urney), I didn't have the kind of time I would have liked to have had. My thinking got in my way. It's called focus and positve mental attitude! I can do these 5K runs and post a more satisfactory time, personally. Of course I do recall the days, when I couldn't run more than 2 mailboxes distance - how far this journey as led me!
I am looking forward to a March race event - I'll post which one, when I figure it out.
Good to see you all - rock on! We are all awesome! I'm glad I did the 5K with your guys - Kath thanks for the tough "candy" love!
Linda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment