Hey,
The buddy system is great - got in 2 swims Fri. and Sat. with buddies thanks Jess and Kathy. I got in workouts all last week, each day. I am meeting with a personal trainer tomorrow - casually, as I want my training efforts to move me forward, not backwards with over training or ineffective recoveries, etc. Want to make sure my nutrition thoughts are working for me, as well.
I will be swimming then biking at my tri class tomorrow, and a few other workouts this week, then off to Tampa for 3 nights. I will use the hotel pool and beach if the water is warm enough. I am researching a Tampa YMCA location - close to the hotel and looking to find a bike rental shop. I'd love to ride long in 70 degrees plus and sunny weather!
Train on!
Linda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Are you going to a trainer at the Y? I was thinking about meeting with one to get a better handle on strength training. I'm thinking that there's got to be a more efficient use of my time than my Firm DVDs. I checked out the demos on the WW site, but they don't give any ideas on weight and reps, and the books I've checked out so far don't give much guidance either.
Jess,
Not presently, though I did meet with one Monday who applauded my fitness efforts, nutrition efforts, and recommended I take one more day off for a total of 2 rest days (or do an easy walk on one of the two). Lots of tough workouts she said. Also, she recommended I bump up overall calories to support the workout schedules.
There is a personal trainer board at the Westside YMCA - take a look.
I have worked with personal trainers twice, previously. Nice option and they can be helpful, the more specific your goals - the better trainer personality match - you should be able to find.
Jow do you get the "Jess m. said.... for the blog?
Linda
Ohhh, I must have been logged into my e-mail (gmail also functions as a blogger account) when I posted the comment.
Actually, if you and Kathy want to set up gmail accounts, I can set up the blog so you can use them to post--just let me know what your user names are.
Thanks for the trainer info--I picked up a sheet this morning, and I'm going to call to talk to someone between my meetings this afternoon.
Out of curiosity--do you mind if I ask what kind of calorie bump you're talking? I've been doing Core for the last couple of weeks, but my workouts have felt low energy and I think it might be because I'm not eating enough. I'm going back to Flex this week as an experiment.
Post a Comment