Monday, February 11, 2008

Week in review...

Swimming is coming along! Slowly, but surely, I think I'm getting it. At last week's lesson, Jessica had me work really hard on kicking (which was part of the reason why my butt kept sinking). This week, Tom had me work on my side roll and stroke. By the end of tonight, I finally felt like I could (at least sometimes) get my upper body and lower body to do what they're supposed to at the same time. Tom and Jessica both said they can tell I've been practicing (Thanks, Linda!), which made me happy.

I ended up doing six full-on workouts (half gym, half at home), and one rest (yoga DVD) day. I've actually come to look forward to the break on yoga day. Apparently, I'm not actually the bionic woman. ;-)

I think I'm going to have to put on the big-kid pants and learn how to use the machines at the gym. Like I mentioned in the comment to Linda's last post, I think they'll be a more efficient use of my time than my beloved Firm DVDs. I think the same thing goes for my aerobics DVDs (fun, but not so much triathlon-related), so I think I'm going to see about meeting with a trainer at the Y when swimming is over to learn about strength training so I can go all-gym (at least until the weather breaks and I can go outside again).


Jess :)

No comments: