Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekly Wrap

Subtitles for this entry include "Why I Love My Dad," "New Shoes," or "Blogging is a Good Way to Procrastinate Studying for a Midterm."

Anyway, this week was good--six workouts with a well-earned Tuesday off. My goal for the week was to do 40 minutes on the treadmill at 6 mph, and I got there yesterday morning. (I had been doing 5.7 mph with 6 mph intervals.) I had a bummer of a swim this morning, but I suppose I can't win 'em all. ;-) I'm playing phone tag with the Y about a trainer session, but I'm hoping to have that ironed out early this week. Next up: my first spinning class tomorrow!

My dad called me yesterday to ask how training was going and got all excited when I told him about spinning. He's turning into my biggest cheerleader, and it's so cute.

I also made the annoying discovery that my running shoes were reaching the end of their useful life, so I bit the bullet and went to Playmakers today. I explained what I do to the gal at the store, and it turned out that I had instinctively been making good shoe choices. She set me up with a new pair of Asics, but I don't have a run scheduled until Wednesday. I'll be interested to see how they work out--I'm optimistic.

Okay, back to that midterm. Keep rocking, ladies!

Jess :)

1 comment:

F3 Gals said...

Nice work Jess! QUite an accomplishment! Keep on training!
Linda