Okay, so I've been practicing for two days in the pool, on my own. I have enjoyed the freedom, without the pressure from being observed and trying to keep up with the triathlon group. I have been able to practice basic things like breathing, my hands cupping and pushing the water, kicking, etc. By watching others swimming, I have learned to slow down just a bit...I was trying too hard. Trying hard and fast to keep up, was making breathing tough. I have swam my first lengths of the pool without stopping...yay! I'll practice again tomorrow and Wed. before my next group lesson. I'm feeling a bit better about the whole swim thing. I have also met a few swimmers and lifeguards who are happy to offer small advice/tips - works for me! I also purchased a new swimming cap (lycra) which has proved to be very beneficial - as opposed to the head squeezing experience of using a silicone cap!
Linda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment