Thursday, January 17, 2008

I think my plan is starting to take shape.

Linda, thanks for the book title info. I ordered what appeared to be the last copy Amazon had in stock yesterday because I think it'll work for me based on what you told me about it the other day.

I think I'm going to alternate trips to the gym with aerobics (or outdoor cardio when the weather breaks) and weights at home because I don't want to lose any of the muscle tone I've been working my behind off (literally! :-p) for since September. (The machines at the gym are totally foreign to me, and I think trying to master swimming and biking will present enough new challenges of their own.)

For right now, I'm going to focus on making sure I'm ready for the Superbowl 5k, so I'm going to do 3.5 miles on the treadmill and then 2o minutes of either stationary biking or swimming when I'm done. I'm currently rocking an 11-minute mile, but I'm hoping to be able to get my speed up a little by February 3.

--Jess

PS--Does anyone have any suggestions for combating cardio machine boredom? I don't have the boredom issues when I'm outside.

1 comment:

F3 Gals said...

Jess,

I am a big music advocate for cardio machines of any kind! Get together a playlist of your fav songs - it will make all the difference!
Linda