Sunday, January 27, 2008

A little bit of everything!

Since I had to miss yesterday's swimming lesson, I had intended to tack some swimming onto my gym trip this morning. Not surprisingly, I didn't quite manage to get my rear in gear quite early enough and didn't have enough time to swim (though I did get bike and treadmill time in) before I had to get out to my parents' house. I decided to leave my gym bag in the car with the intent of swinging by the Parkwood Y on my way home tonight and, lo and behold, I actually did it! I'm still having a hard time with the breathing and with my middle sinking, but I made myself finish the whole 20 minutes I had set out to do. I guess you could say I did a pseudo-brick-session today! ;-)

I'm also well on my way to a ten-minute treadmill mile, though I'm not sure what that'll translate to outside. I did 3.1 miles in 33 minutes this morning.

I'm still worried about learning the whole real bike balance thing, but I'm going to try not to think about it and focus on swimming until the weather makes trying it even a remote possibility.

Keep rocking, gals!

Jess :)

PS--The last swimming post was mine, but I forgot to sign off.

1 comment:

F3 Gals said...

Hi Girls:
I am truly amazed and how my body is responding to the swimming. I did the open swim Saturday at the DeWitt pool and it felt pretty good, I have come a long way from being pooped after the first 200 warm up!! We did pedicures after, by the way, my toes are pretty.

I don't know how you run for 30 mins. on a treadmill Jess, I have a hard time with 10 mins. with a workout partner. I get bored. Do you have an ipod?

Train on!
Kathy