Okay, so I am a very good biker, did I say that I am a great biker on my bike? ...I can go fast in the driveway! Ha, Ha!
...not so much a swimmer. But, I am learning and will accomplish this athletic endeavor! Better this week than last, but I need to continue to work at this element...a lot! About that private swim lesson...should have that under my belt by next week sometime. I sure have a new respect for this sport - on tv it looks so easy!
Tonight, I wore a swimming cap for the first time...a silicone one. I had read in my Triathlon Training Book about the different materials of caps the author recommended "nylon skullcaps because they are simply more comfortable and you don't feel as if your head is in a giant vice after 20 minutes of swimming...silicone...squeeze your head so tightly...you get a headache...only when...being slippery (faster) is more important than comfort". So I went to Dick's Sporting Goods, made my own decision (based on my "vast swimming expertise...yeah right) and decided to be "slippery" - (like at this point my speed is an issue)! Therefore, I consequently had the continual "vice grip effect" going on - which didn't help my swimming efforts this evening. Ouch! Back to Dick's...before my next swim!
Kathy did a great job tonight! Go Kath! We decided collectively that the thought of going out for a 9pm swim class, in the dark and evening chill, was only made easier because we buddied up for the class!
For the record, in looking at last year's results 2 10 yr. olds completed this event, and so did 7 people over the age of 60 - one in fact was 71-GO William S.! In fact the 71 yr old finished with a faster time than the above mentioned youths! Kind of cool!
Audrey (my daughter) keeps teasing me by telling me I'll probably be kickboxing when I'm 70 yrs. old...I tell her...she should pray that I am:)
We can do this! It's all good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Actually, I'm pretty sure you'll be a blackbelt in something by the time you're 70.
You're right--we *can* do this. We rock!
Post a Comment