Thursday, January 31, 2008

Swim class

Hi girls:
Ok, had swim class last night. Only 2 boys and me were there.
Coach decided to do this pyramid drill.....start doing a couple 50's with
a 10 second break, then a couple 100's, 10 second break, then a couple of
150's. then a couple of 200's then work your way back down the pyramid.
I was POOPED!!. It was 45 mins. of swimming, with the most a 30 second
break. I was feeling quite inadequate until I asked her if that was close
to what I would be swimming at the tri...."Oh Kathy, you just swam pretty
close to a mile." Oh nice, thanks for that. (the tri is about a 1/4 mile)

Still pretty pooped this morning so will do yoga from the TV and the gym after
my noon meeting today.

A guy in class did ask her if we could work on technique again soon and she
said we would so hopefully that will be next week. I start out with a nice
stroke but when I get tired I get sloppy.

Did you see the aticle in the paper from Playmakers this week? They have
workshops every Thursday night at 6:00 (I think that was the time but it will
be on their web site) about a different way to run...injury free. If we don't
get all the snow Tim and I might check it out tonight.

Kathy

No comments: