Swimming lesson #2 was tonight. The class is now up to three people (including me), so it was a little less swimming and a bit more standing around, but I'm feeling confident enough to practice on my own now. For now, I'm thinking I'll just tack a 20-minute pool session on to my workouts twice a week. I need to do a little more research to get my real "remedial training" plan in place, but that's going to be my project for either Thursday evening or Friday afternoon, I think.
On a related note, I actually met a gal who participated in our event last year while I was waiting for my class to start. She said that at this time last year, she couldn't swim more than two consecutive laps, couldn't run a mile at a time, and was a "mediocre" cycler. She finished last year and is planning on entering again this year, which I thought was awesome (and reassuring)!
--Jess
PS--It turns out that 6:00 on a Monday evening is a horrible time to try to work out. The only cardio machine I could get was a recumbant bike. (I was planning to bike, but I hate the recumbant ones.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment