HI Guys,
As you know....a tough training week due to my Mom's health concerns. I spent Mon., Tues., Wed., Sat., and Sun. down at Karmanos Cancer Hosp. in Detroit. I checked out 5 nursing homes in the Metro Detroit area and had 1 completely sleepless night (hospital) - not to mention countless paperwork time and phone time. No sympathy for me though - my Mom is deserving of genuine sympathy and prayers. Though we will be signing her OFF Hospice tomorrow - which is good news, and she will go to a nursing home and be able to receive some physical therapy which will give her some sense of purpose and dignity in the weeks ahead. She is so courageous in her cancer battle! I strive to have her grace and courage in my personal endeavors.
I did manage to eat pretty well and do 2 spinning classes and a salsa dance aerobics (was supposed to be cardio kickboxing, but there was a sub). I did do many sets of stairs and walked extra steps at every opportunity. It's hard right now to sneak out for a swim - due to logistics. I did try to swin last Sunday in Chicago - can't recall if I already posted this - the pool was so warm - I couldn't swim, plus too many people, but I did manage a few laps. While in Chicago across the street was the Annual Hustle the Hancock building - 94 flights I believe - might HAVE to do it next year.
Craig and I are signing up for the Fifth Third River Bank Run in Grand Rapids on May 10. Craig is doing the 10K and I'll do the 5K - we might even sign our kids up for the 5K - we'll see on that.
Speaking of running, in all the chaos of late I have misplaced my IPod with all my great songs for running - I will try to locate it this week - yikes!
I am with you in spirit and plan to keep getting some better training as time allows.
Train On!
Linda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment