Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Who does this?

All right...I finished with my meeting at LTC early tonight - no GS session - then what? So I decided to go to the Westside YMCA. I called ahead to find out what group fitness classes were available. Next thing I know I am zooming there to do a Boot Camp class with Mr. Marine Sergeant! Who "drops in" for Boot Camp? It consisted of a circuit workout with about one dozen stations! All and all I fared very well - the thing that is toughest for me is push ups - ugh - though I am improving. Each circuit had 25 - I made 3 circuits though I cheated on the second 2 circuits and only did about 20! Hopefully, I will not be in too much pectoral pain by Thursday! One lady didn't fair so well overall and had to stop - she wound up laying down - not sweating - she was dehydrated! This illicited a firm talking to the group about good nutrition being a necessary part of the workout equation! He said he has seen many a man go down from dehydration. Recommended on hard workout days - 10-12 glasses of water and 4 meals - FYI.

I finished up by joining a cardio kickboxing class after - though I didn't finish the whole class, as I had forgotten socks and I felt I was risking a blister after both workouts, and a blister might impair my routine for the rest of the week - no thanks!

Train On!
Linda

No comments: