Sunday, March 9, 2008

Another week down...

...twelve more to go!

I discovered today that we have more time than I thought--we're so going to be prepared. :) I figured out that I'd need to start the eight-week plan from Julie (Here's a link if anyone's interested. She said she's used this guy's stuff to finish three marathons, so it sounds like a pretty good bet.) the week of April 6, which actually works out really well. That's the last week of spinning, so I won't need to worry about working it in. I think I'm just going to follow it as written and switch my day off to Friday because I can't see myself doing a long workout on any day except Sunday. Until then, my plan is to alternate biking and running for cardio and fitting in weights, core, and swimming twice a week each wherever they fit best. I did my first gym weights workout this morning, and I think that's going to be good once I get the hang of all the machines.

I'm working on t-shirt ideas/info, so I'll send out an e-mail later this week. I think the idea of a logo is a little too ambitious, though, since art isn't my strong suit--we might need to end up going text-only. ;-)

Oooh, and I have one last thing: I need some advice on pre-running food. I can do cereal or oatmeal before biking and even swimming, but my stomach can't take anything more than a banana when I run (even when I give it time to settle). Any suggestions?

2 comments:

F3 Gals said...

Jess,

A couple thoughts on pre-run diets. First, whatever you eat should typically be consumed a couple hours before you run to give your body time to digest it and settle your stomach. Second, the banana as a snack is good if you're short on time.

If you're running in the morning, you can load-up on some high carb foods like pastas to give you that morning energy. Also, if you're so inclined, a cup of hot chocolate or coffee can give you an a.m. boost if your stomach can handle it.

Hope that helps!

Craig

Jess said...

Thanks for the info! I do go first thing in the morning, so I'll try eating more carbs in the evening the day before.