Tuesday, March 25, 2008

wkly recap

My training schedule has been ever so challenged with the family business these days! But I was able to get in cycling classes and some kickboxing and even weights. There is a contest at my YMCA, I'd love to go off and win it. In the contest time blocks=mileage. The contest goal is to "finish the St. Pat's Marathon (26.2 miles)" in 6 weeks! Finishing is not a problem, but I'd like to finish number one for the ladies - it's that competitive ege!

I just signed up for next session of classes at the YMCA, and it will include a weekly running session, which is good - can't say I love running, but I can do it, and I'd like to be better at it!

I have managed a few swims, and have been reading my triathlon books - thanks Kathy, Jess they'll be headed your way soon to glean any helpful info! I am looking forward to our swim lesson, and I know another swimmer (WW member - hi Michelle!) who has offere to share tips - we just don't have easiy schedules to work around.

In another challenge, I am "riding my bike" to San Francisco - Barb is "riding her bike" to Silverdale, WA (near Seattle) - so far I've "rode" 110 miles! Fun!

Wishing everyone a great "Fit, Fearless, and Fab" week!
Linda

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Good luck on that whole San Francisco thing. You really should try that one day. Dude- I would so ride in the kiddie seat on the back. Just to make sure you don't eat any greasy cheeseburgers, ya know?

Jess said...

Oooh, can I get in on this kiddie seat action at Hawk Island? It'll save me from actually learning to ride the grownup bike. ;-)

(All kidding aside, though, I'm hoping to be able to give the bike an initial try if the weather cooperates this weekend. I'll let everyone know how it goes.)

F3 Gals said...

Jess,

I am so sure you will get the hang of the bike thinG, because you are a "rockstar"!
Linda

F3 Gals said...

Jess and Kathy,

Who is Ashley? My niece - I figure we would enjoy her witty and fun comments!
Linda