Hi,
I am trying to plot out a reasonable and beneficial training schedule for the next 17 days (17 days ladies!).
I got back to the pool last night, for the first time since we swam at LCC with Sarah - there just hasn't been time or access to a pool. It went okay - not nearly as bad as I had envisioned, but not as well as I had originally hoped swimming would be at this point.
I will be scheduling a private lesson for sure...I still need some tips and a plan. I actually worked on the breaststroke and the sidestroke and the backstroke yesterday....I figure it will be all about options for the actual event.
So Monday, I did my group cycling at 6 am (Tracy is amazingly good). ALl went well. Then I decided to drop in for my favorite cardio kickboxing class on Monday night - just a simple mindless little kickboxing session with Bill. Well, Bill was not in and there was a sub named Krystal. Ouch...two days later...my quads are certainly alive, awakened and sore enough to merit some groans and slower, more careful movement, especially on stairs - yikes. But I still figure it's all good! However, I was just sore enough and tired enough that I had to abstain from my Wed. group cycling class. I am thinking another night with Krystal might keep the fire burning - I can adapt some movements if necessary. She did a cardio kickboxing "bootcamp" of some description that involved, outdoor running, puch ups against the exterior walls at Beaner's, up and down curbs and parking bumbers, calesthenics, and more. I kept thinking - " I can do this...I am a triathlete!" Ouch...
I will be investigating the wetsuit vs. tri-suit options. A gal in my am cycling class said there is a place named "Dave's...something or other" on Grand River that rents wetsuits for $9. As soon as I get more info - I'll post it.
My road bike is down from the rafters - yeah - I need to get new cycling shoes I think.
Can we schedule some dates to do what I think Kathy suggested, ride and run at Hawk Island? Or get out on the bike course?
Train On!
Linda
Train on!
Linda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment