Kathy, Tim, and I went to check out the bike course for the tri today. We drove it first and then debated where we should actually ride the bikes. I was afraid to ride near cars (even if there was a wide shoulder), but Kathy convinced me that I needed to do it to get over my fear and that it was best to do it when she and Tim could watch my back. It (of course) ended up being okay once I got over the inital fear hump, and I only panicked a couple of times. I think we'll all be just fine for the race. Kathy, thanks for being persistent and making me do it. :)
I did end up making it home in time to go for a run before class, and it was pretty rough even with the 10-minute break after the bike to drive home. I thought about cutting it short, but halfway through my four-mile route, I decided to suck it up and finish. (I figured I couldn't wimp out after I had rocked the bike.)
Train on!
--Jess :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment