Saturday, May 24, 2008

training on Sat.

Started out today with an early morning ride with Jess - doing some of the event bike course. Sorry, for the takedown! Jess - you can do it - most definitely! Then we transitioned to almost a 5K run - I was having a few IPod technology issues - grrr...another thing to learn more about! I usually just turn it on and go!

Run was okay, considering that I had just run the same course 18 hours prior - more running than I am used to. I VERY rarely run 2 days in a row!

Then went out for an intro to the lake swim session - see other post and pics.

Then I actually went back for more swimming-definitely not a finesse swim yet! Then, Kathy's schedule had changed a bit, so I joined her for a 10 mile bike ride after all the other training today.

"Remember there is a firth discipline in triathlon, that is your own self believe, if you think you can do it, you will. Aim to overcome all the negatives in your life, complete your first triathlon, and experience the positive feelings of your own achievement." from some tri website - forgot which one!

Sunday will be a planned easier training day!

Train on and get enough rest this week!
Linda

1 comment:

Jess said...

Nah, I'm sorry about the takedown--I shouldn't have stopped. And besides, you were the one who had to bail and leave your shoes attached to the bike!

And wow, I'm tired just thinking about all you did yesterday!