Saturday, May 24, 2008

Brrrr....the Lake Swim

All right - the last one finally made it to the lake! BRRRRRR.....it's cold 64 degrees or something insane like that! SO glad I had the wetsuit - or I'd likely be contemplating dropping out! Worth every penny ($166 worth - includes $9 for rush shipping) - I am thinking there might be additional tri events worth participating in - I've heard people get the "bug" for this sport!

Like the others - it was kind of UGLY! The coldness makes breathing a challenge - lungs compress creating an additional new challenge! Like Kathy says it can only get better! I had a few panic minutes - the unexpected seaweed suddenly appearing in my goggle vision - identifies one of those moments! The rest were just breathing issues - I believe I can get through them with more exposure to the lake swimming conditions, certainly some Mental Rehearsing and Positive Self-Talk!

See some photos - I had two swimming opportunities today - 3 hours apart - loved the wetsuit by Neosport and the tri-suit underneath by Zoot - both amazingly comfortable. Got new goggles also - like those too - called Seal Kid by Aqua Sphere - I also like my Speedo Vanquisher goggles - but I might opt for the Seal Kid ones - because it is more like an eye "mask" than goggles - more comfortable, in my opinion.

Train on Rockstars!
Linda

Linda

No comments: