Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday's Last Effort

Hi Rockstars,

I went to my spinning class for an hour this am, like usual, put forth about 85% effort - save the legs a bit.

Then I went to the YMCA to work on a swimming flaw I detected in the video Audrey shot. Apparently, when I switched my breathing to the every stroke, which for the most part works for me, I began pushing water with my left arm on the upstroke - kind of dragging it in the water. So I swam for 10 laps - stopping very briefly twice for field trip's errant kids and balls in my lane. Then I did another 8 maybe even 9 laps with the pull bouy - trying to be super concious of that left arm- not stopping at all. Not winded or aything. I have concluded that if I just relax and take it easy, and go at my own pace, I'll be just fine! I get to "trying too hard", then winded, then scared or frustrated, the negative talk infiltrates - and none of that works for me. I must say I was pleased with today's swiming. So I am looking forward to a good start to the tri - at my own pace.

Sorry Kathy you in turn, had a bad swim. Don't know if you should push it and go out again. You do a great job with your swimming, nice form and good speed - I know you'll be okay! You have had so many fantastic swimming efforts - I wouldn't let one bad one get at you - it happens! .....Just my thoughts....certainly I can vouch for the "one more good effort thinking." Plus, maybe your body needs to rest - like all the newbie books say..."resist the urge to overtrain".

Jess - great work with your bike - "gutsy" In fact, I believe is the word:)

I will finish out the evening with a woderful orthopedic massage - can't wait. Also, I will be labeling all my stuff and thinking and working transition strategies!

I think we are all pretty awesome!
Linda

No comments: