Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hmmm, I use Meijer brand cooking spray. Do you think that will suffice? ;-) My rental wetsuit is en route, and I'm anxious to check it out. Linda, where'd you end up getting yours? I could maybe be convinced to do a wetsuit photo-op if you'll pose with me.

It was pretty chilly Sunday morning--I was running while you were biking. I keep trying to convince myself that if I can run and bike in the cold, I can get over the water thing (especially with the suit). I ran into Tom at the pool after my run on Sunday, and I asked him about the cold. He said that the lake actually got up to 70 last year, but that's not looking likely this time. He says we'll be fine with wetsuits, though. He also said that we can wave a boat over and hang on to it if we get into trouble and that we can "just climb in if [we] want to call it a day." I told him there would be no climbing in and that calling it a day without finishing wasn't an option. ;-)

Still pretty nervous about the bike. I just realized that I don't know how I'm going to be able to drink while I ride since biking still isn't really a multi-tasking sort of thing for me yet. I'll figure it out, though.

Train on!

--Jess :)

No comments: