Friday, May 2, 2008

I met my friend Alicia (who wants to do the tri with us next year!) at Granger for a bike ride today. Here we are looking all Tour de France in our helmets:


If we read the mile marker signs right, we think we did about five miles. I did have to walk up and down a couple of the hills becuase I hadn't adequately prepared to shift up them and because I was initially kind of afraid of coasting down them. By our last loop around, though, I was able to get them all (though one hill took two attempts).

I've decided that the bike's name is Thor (the Roman god of thunder). One of my friends thought he should have an American Gladiators style name, and I thought that fit. Plus, I think it sounds like it could be the name of a drummer in an arena-rock band. Hee.

I am so one with my bike.

No comments: