Friday, May 9, 2008

Welcome back, gals!

Since today seems to be the day to post about our tri anxieties, I'll chime in too. Obviously, the bike is my main concern. I'm not at all confident in my ability to ride with other bikers, and I just noticed on the website today that there will be spots on the bike route where the road isn't completely closed. I know that I can just hang out at the back of the pack if I'm worried about other bikers (which was my dad's suggestion. I think he and Tim have it right on--who cares how long it takes us as long as we make it across the finish line?), but I'm kind of terrified of cars. I'm anxious enough with just the walkers/runners at Granger Park.

I rode tonight (six miles in an hour, and it went mostly okay) and I'll go out again in the morning and on Monday evening. I think I'm going to venture out to MSU on Monday--campus is relatively deserted this time of year, so I won't have to worry too much about plowing any pedestrians down. I was going to go there tonight, but I didn't feel like driving all the way over there when the park is three minutes away.

I just keep telling myself that I didn't work this hard for the last five months to wimp out now and that it'll come together because it has to.

Train on--we can do this!

Jess :)

PS--Linda, Thor is just a basic 21-speed mountain bike. He'll be great for riding to the library or Frandor when I get a little more proficient.

No comments: