The plan was for Kathy and Ashley to swim across once on their own (we were worried about my ability to keep up), then for me to hop out and swim back with them. Here is some aquatic photo documentation...
Becoming one with the water:

Look at those swimming machines!

Like a speeding bullet:

Junior came along for moral support:

Aquawoman rockstars!

In other news, the folks at Eric's Bike Shop on MLK are my new favorite people. I took Thor in for a tuneup today, and the gal at the counter said, "We can definitely have it by Saturday morning, but do you want us to see if we can get it done before that." I said, "I'd love it if you could because I just learned to ride it six weeks ago and could use as much extra practice time as I can get." She said, "And now you're doing a triathlon? That's gutsy. I'll move you to the front of the line, and you can have it back tomorrow morning." I think I'm going to pick up one of those water backpacks when I go back tomorrow, too.
T-minus four days...train on!
Jess :)
2 comments:
Great photos - Way to go ladies!
T - minus 4! BRAVO TO ALL!
Jess -
The water backpaks are pretty cool - wash before using, if you haven't already! There is also a liquid cleaner for them. Given where your water bottle rack is - good move, I think.
Linda
Post a Comment