Thursday, May 8, 2008

It's Me

Hi Guys,
I guess we all have our fears..."Courage is resistance to fear: mastery of fear - not absence of fear." Mark Twain

I am feeling pretty detached and significantly behind regarding training efforts these days.

I feel awesome about the bike, okay about the run (can walk if needed from time to time) and nervous about the swim.

As you both know, my Mom's illness and passing have certainly challenged training efforts and focus and therefore: performance and confidence.

I am going to give it my best effort! I still have 3 weeks to pull things together!

My Mom's illness and death have been the most difficult and emotional thing I have encountered in my whole life. I will walk through the world differently, from having been on this recent journey. My Mom's courage is an inspiration to me, and will be a constant reminder of nothing being impossible, and every day "is the best day"!

I will try to attach an inspiration from my Mom in a separate post. I will also email it to you guys - in case you'd want to share it with anyone special.

Train On!
Linda
p.s. I will start back to training first thing tomorrow with an early morning spin, followed by a short run - perhaps even an afternoon swim. I am looking forward to getting back to this training!

p.s.s.
Jess - I love Thor - you guys look great together! Kathy do you have a name yet? What kinds of bikes did you both get?

1 comment:

MIchelle said...

HI Linda-

Hope you are doing well. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you during this hard time for you.

Michelle