Friday, May 23, 2008

18 seconds

Hooray - I got the tri-suit for the race and the wetsuit! I was feeling pretty good about my purchases - yes no rental, which made me nervous.

So my first trial run taking off the wetsuit went like this. Stand in the shower and soak up several minutes until I was sure my tri-suit underneath was wet. Adam was waiting with his stopwatch, to time me once I exited the shower. On the count of 5 - ready go! 18 seconds! Much better than I had expected!! I can even improve on that, as well being catious the first time! So I am posting, while in the tri-suit - dripping ever so slightly on the hardwood floor -

Also, I got in a good early, 6am group cylcing class today. Later around noon - I went out and drove the mapped bike route - looks good and pretty flat - a few rough road spots. Then I went to Hawk Island Park and ran a 5K - pretty spontaneous, I might add, but worth it. Time was about 31 minutes - I am happy with that time - for a spontaneous run. Maybe for runs I have fretted them too much in the past - for that is my best time! Go figure!

This looks to be a training filled weekend, and I am actually getting pretty excited - for the first time! The anxiety, the grief over Mom, etc. haven't allowed for the excitement to build! So, this is a new feeling!

Linda

p.s I have not mastered the water part yet, but just doing my best will be good enough!
p.s.s. We are all "rockstars"!
p.s.s.s. Check out the picture of my "triathlete in training" car today - funny! I have to send it to Jess to post though - thanks in advance Jess!

2 comments:

Jess said...

So is this 18 seconds with or without the Pam? ;-)

F3 Gals said...

Without:) No Pamneeded - there issomething to be said for a well stocked pantry!